We are looking for an industrial data scientist and developer who is motivated and equipped to join the team that is changing the world of manufacturing.
ThinkIQ has developed and delivered groundbreaking software that enables manufacturing companies to have better insight into the things that influence the quality and profitability of the products they make. We have done this by leveraging a combination of internet technologies combined with traditional operational technologies. Our software is fueled by the growth in IoT, cloud, big data analytics and connected consumers.
We have a strong team with proven capabilities to create innovative industrial software products.
The Industrial Data Scientist will be responsible for leading the development of ThinkIQ’s tools to support data scientists.
The Industrial Data Scientist and Developer will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Documenting the real requirements that our customers have for data analytics based on current needs and cutting-edge industry trends.
- Selecting and developing data science and analytics tools that will fulfill our customers’ needs and strengthen ThinkIQ’s position as a leader.
- Assembling data analytics solutions from commercially available or open source components and systems.
- Guiding our customers and partners in how to use ThinkIQ’s system to do data analytics. Be the external thought leader that our customers’ trust.
- Working with product management to create a roadmap for ThinkIQ data analytics that will map into our overall roadmap and properly leverage new technologies.
The role will require a solid understanding of the technologies listed below.
- Industrial data science and analytics experience
- Statistics, and particularly industrial statistics including SPC and Six Sigma
- Machine Learning / Deep learning
- Signal processing algorithms
- Strong knowledge of Python and/or R and similar languages/tools
- Software design and development
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Cloud computing and web applications
The following industrial domain knowledge is an advantage.
Business critical 24/7 operations: Our software is running in a high availability environment with large financial impact of system downtime.
Secure web applications: We are an early provider of manufacturing software solutions on the web and specifically in the cloud. Our systems must be secure.
Industrial Manufacturing: Our customers are manufacturing companies that are using our software to run and optimize their production and supply chain operations.
Attitude and Cultural Fit
Customer focused: Our software has no value until it is creating value for our customers.
Lean: Must function well without a large supporting bureaucracy: We are a startup company, we all wear many hats and do many jobs. We are a flat organization with limited resources where the decider and the doer often can be the same person.
Inclusive team builder and team player: The ThinkIQ team is ONE team. All our efforts are focused on strengthening the team and making this a winning team. We are all responsible for building and supporting the team. There is no room for sub-teams, hidden agendas or internal fiefdoms.
Agile: Our decision processes are quick, we experiment to find solutions, we learn from our experiments and implement robust solutions. We are looking for a person with creativity combined with discipline and accuracy.
Transparent and honest: We are a sharing organization where it is easy to gain insight into what other parts of the organization is doing. Our systems provide controlled access to information so that any person with a need to know information has access to that information. We expect honesty so that we can make good decisions.
Hungry: The right person wants to make a difference in the world and believes that it is possible to create better and simpler solutions than exists today. While all team members will be financially rewarded when we are successful, the right person is driven more by the value created to the customer than the financial reward to the individual.
Willing to go the extra mile: We are all working hard because we believe in what we are doing. We are looking to expand the team with people that want to do the same. We are not discouraged when faced with an extra challenge or an unexpected obstacle.
A good candidate will have the following education:
- A relevant degree in Science, Technology or Engineering. Preferably MSC or Ph.D.
Proven practical experience will be evaluated as a good substitute for formal education.
At least 3 years’ experience working with industrial data science and analytics in the manufacturing space. Preferably batch and continuous manufacturing.