Become part of the team that is changing the world of manufacturing.
ThinkIQ has developed and delivered groundbreaking software that enables manufacturing companies to have better insight into the things that influence the quality and profitability of the products they make. We have done this by leveraging a combination of internet technologies combined with traditional operational technologies. Our software is fueled by the growth in IoT, cloud, big data analytics and connected consumers.
ThinkIQ senior developers will be able to determine and identify high-level functional and technical requirements on the basis of interactions with our user community and knowledge of enterprise architecture. Design architectures, including the software, hardware and communications, as well as providing for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces is expected.
You will interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. You will also interact with fellow developers to provide quality assurance reviews and the evaluation of existing and new software products. Where appropriate, you will help develop high-level system design diagrams for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. You will develop and implement moderate to complex web applications on one or more platforms.
- Experience in a professional LAMP development environment.
- Relational database experience and demonstrated abilities in SQL and data modeling.
- Specific Experience with PostgreSQL strongly desired.
- Strong ability in Object Oriented Programming and Design.
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge and ability to understand enterprise level architecture.
- Demonstrated experience working with high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed critical applications.
- Understanding of MVC and modern web frameworks.
- Ability to develop new and innovative applications as well as maintaining existing code.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize & communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical people across functional teams.
- Strong relationship building skills are required.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Experience in Agile methodologies and SCRUM is a plus.
- Experience in Docker methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor’s, MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable field of study
- Previous experience working in manufacturing or building software/solutions for manufacturing strongly desired.
- Familiarity with Process Historians and Time Series data.
This is not a remote position. ThinkIQ is headquartered in Orange County, and our partners value and enjoy a high level of personal contact with our team. As such, you will be expected to work from our office at least three days a week to collaborate in person with the stakeholders and the rest of the team.